History of the Hotel
The Kilbirnie was built in the late 1930’s as one of the first hotels on Narrowcliff in Newquay. The name ‘Kilbirnie’ has never changed and is believed to originate from the Scottish hometown of the first owners. Originally a small, family run establishment, it has seen several transformations over the years; new ownership and recent investment has seen the hotel outlast many of its original neighbours.
Today, we offer a bright contemporary style, whilst retaining the warm, friendly atmosphere that has inspired returning guests to include our hotel in the holiday memories of many generations of their family. Our most famous guest, King Charles III, then HRH The Prince of Wales, attended a ‘Cornwall Duchy Luncheon’ here in 1972.